Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting paid to shop is not a scheme

I just wanted to share how great couponing can be.  I have heard people say its too much work and not enough pay out. 

This is a picture of a recent shopping trip of mine.  One of my more memorable ones.  Here you see 2 dozen eggs, 10lbs of potatoes, 1 pkg Tilapia, 1 package Cod fish, 2 packages of frozen vegetables, one package of garlic bread, 1 gallon of milk, 1 bottle of excedrin, 1 bar fels naptha,  and 1 box arm and hammer washing soda. 

How much do you think I paid? 

I should have paid $29.42
I actually paid $2.72

If you want me to prove it I can scan the recipet :)  Here's how:

Fels naptha $1.09
washing powder $2.50 roughly
potatoes $.58 per 5lb bag with coupons
frozen veggies $.88 each with coupons
eggs $.99 each with coupons
milk $1.78 sale price
excedrin FREE per manufactuer
Fish both packages FREE per manufacturer
garlic bread was roughly $1.80 sale price

So with my coupons the total came to $12.72 then I had a $10 gift card that I had gotten at the store from filling my perscription there with no copay.  Total =$2.72

Here is a case where I was PAID  to buy these items.  Here's how.
This transaction is from Walgreens and CVS.

Renpure Organics Shampoo and conditioner BOGO $6.99- $6.99 rebate = BOTH FREE
airwick i motion sale price $4.99 use a $5/1 coupon=FREE store pays me a penny
body wash FREE per CVS store coupon
Baking Soda sale price of .50 each
Colgate #1 coupon for .99 plus a manu coupon of .75 off=.24
Colgate #2 is buy at $3.99 get $3..99 ECB
yardley soap coupon price of .69 each
stride gum store coupon price of .72 each plus a manu coupon of B2G1

2 transactions:
#1 Buy Colgate for $3.99 get $3.99 off next order

#2 Buy airwick, body wash, renpure, yardley, baking soda, gum and toothpaste use the $3.99 off last transaction and it is all FREE plus they pay you the remaing balance. 

1 comment: