Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sorry for my absence:

I apologize for my absence.  It's clean the cuboards week around here!!  I gotta say it's kinda been fun!  I thought it was going to be a dreadful expierence, however it has challenged me to get more creative.  The only ingredient I have bought in the past two weeks is milk.  

So far, I have made these recipes just from my cuboard and freezer:

~chicken noodle soup
~homemade mac and cheese
~spahetti and meatballs
~meatball subs
~white bean chili
~steak and veggies
~skillet potatoes
~chicken salad , etc. 

Let me tell you the things I have done!

From one chicken I made the following:
~chicken noodle soup
~chicken salad
~broth for other soups

From one package of beans I made:
~bean chili
~meals for my9 month old (GREAT finger food for him!)
~added it to mediteraneen couscous for a meal
~bean burritos

I challenge you to have a clean the cupboard week.  You might surprise yourself.  Since this week is running low on ingredients, here is what I am making

~Spicy chicken lettuce wraps from ground chicken
~corn chowder
~veggie lo mein
~salad topped with craisins, sunflower seeds, apples, and raspberry walnut vinagrette
~tuna fish sandwhiches from homemade bread!
~hamburger bake
~roast sandwhiches

I am making it my goal for the summer to use ONLY $50 every week for the farmers market!  We will see!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment